There are several advantages to starting your own business:
- Business owners are able to benefit directly from their own hard work
- Business owners enjoy the process of seeing their own ideas become a reality as they create and sell a product or service that meets the needs of their customers
- Business owners have greater control over their income and their time
- Business owners experience the excitement and satisfaction of launching and managing a new venture
Starting a business also has its challenges. While many businesses are successful, many others encounter problems. Some ventures close soon after launching, while others may succeed for a time but then flounder. Most of the problems that plague new businesses are the result of inadequate preparation and support.
To ensure your business thrives, visit the following topics contained in this section:
- Is Owning a Business Right for You?
- Business Basics
- Creating a Business Plan
- Understanding Business Insurance
- Locating & Securing Commercial/Retail Space
- Hiring & Retaining Staff
- Doing Business in San Jose
Taking these steps now will make all the difference both in the short-term and later on as you grow your business.